Tuesday, July 2, 2013

SA Champs


Not going to lie was a little dissapointed in my results at SA Champs i got knocked out in Semi's after having the best couple heats in awhile. I have definitely learnt a lesson from this event though,

*1. I am still capable of busting out some big scores, stoked to have banged out a 9 and a 7 in my first round heat

*2. I am very silly to let little things like a wetsuit throw me off course. Preparation is vital when it comes to competitive surfing and i just let something as small as not having the correct equipment get to my head . Sounds like an excuse but it's not, i still totally surfed like a chop in my semi and the waves didn't come my way, i didnt give up until the end though even when nerves turned my legs to Jelly.

BUT just booked my flight to Jbay ( thanks Vangie ) and frothing to get some more water time in at Supers. All i want to do in this next event is to have fun and enjoy my surfing. Nothing to lose :)


No comments:

Post a Comment