Saturday, November 6, 2010

AntiWhalingProtest


The main objective of this protest was to raise awareness about Japanese Whaling in the Southern Ocean Sanctuary by calling all Capetonians to capitalize on exposure in our local media.

Remember Remember the 5th of November
i am now an activist
Its sad when you think hundreds of people flocked to Longbeach last year to witness whales die
but hardly a quarter of those people could make the effort to actually make a difference
by rocking up for a couple hours to lend a voice
The Person that controls the youth controls the future
and our future is looking pretty bleak right now if we dont step up
our children might not have the priviliege to live in a beautiful enviroment like we do

BUT big up to everyone that did show up
baby steps baby steps










2 comments:

  1. I am VERY VERY supportive of youth activism. I firmly believe that we need to equip our future soldiers and to give them all the tools and knowledge they need to continue a good fight. We as adults are not focused enough on our youth which means we will be handing over a war to people who don't know how to fight it.

    Education and awareness! The more you know, the more you are empowered; and the more you are empowered, the more you can do.

    For any youth out there who would like to become activists in their lives, feel free to email me on misterina@yahoo.com

    Nikki Botha
    Activist

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so true.
    I wish I could have been there, my mom couldn't take me and wouldn't let me take a train alone. I cried for about an hour. I will definitely be there next time.

    ReplyDelete